Monday 31 August 2015

If you put your mind to it...

Good Evening to you all!  I hope you have had a good Bank Holiday weekend, I spent the weekend down in Devon visiting family which was lovely! Shame it's all over so quickly!

Well I decided to try something new in August and I signed up to the Stampin' Up! "You Can Create It" monthly challenge run by Monica and Teri here in the UK.  I first met Monica back in October 2012 at the GNPE in Harrogate, where she introduced me to Stampin' Up!  Since then I have followed in awe of her creations!  Well, a few months back I heard about the "You Can Create It" challenge on her blog, and this month I finally got round to entering.

So each month they send you a little Mystery Kit containing a few Stampin' Up! supplies. The Challenge is for you to use those supplies to create a project.  You must use at least a part of everything provided in the kit.  The kit received this month consisted of a piece of White card, a spotty velum gift bag, and a small pearl embellishment.  


When it arrived I thought "what am I supposed to do with that?!" (yes, I realise that is the "challenge" part!) So I left the kit in my craft room and continued to tidy the house a little...then all of a sudden I had an idea and off I went... There were three family/friend's wedding anniversaries coming up at the end of August and I realised that as two of them would be 1st wedding anniversaries, the traditional theme is paper!  I created these two cards, adding a little black card and additional ribbon, along with a Lili of the Valley anniversary stamp.



Then, using the last of the ribbon and the last of the spotty gift bag that I had cut down I made a third card.  This one was on a cream card rather than the white like before.  I also used a corner punch to slot the Anniversary sentiment tag into.

So there we have it, another challenge entered! Would you believe, I also have some more cards made from my recent new purchases from Lili of the Valley (well they had a promotion on - I couldn't resist!) however, you'll have to check back for my next update for those, promise it won't be too long away! 


Jenfie 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment