Wednesday 16 August 2017

Thank You's (for recycling your scraps!)

Hello you wonderful blog reader you! 

I have a quick update today to show you how I used the scraps of paper and card stock left over from prepping for the gift bags and cards seen in my recent workshops and blog posts.

I wish I had taken a photo of the scraps before I made them into the set of cards you are about to see because I still look at these cards and think they look intentional, professional, and by no means do they look like left overs!!!

Using 1 sheet of 12"x12" cardstock in each colour (5 colours so 5 sheets of card), and 2 sheets of DSP in each colour (one sheet of each design, so 10 sheets of DSP) I created 20 gift bags and matching cards for the workshops.  All that was left from the cardstock was a 4 inch square and from the papers were four of 1 inch x 3/4 inch offcuts, 2 of each paper! 


For each card, I took a 4"x4" White Card blank and using Tombow (Multipurpose Liquid Glue) I stuck each of the left over cardstock to the blanks.  I then added the four pieces of left over designer series papers to each corresponding coloured card as equally as I could down the left hand side.  As our DSP is doublesided and thankfully there were two of each paper offcuts left, it meant I could show all four patterns! 


I added a piece of Whisper White Cardstock which I cut out using the largest square framelit from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies for the Big Shot.  This leaves an impression all around the square that makes it look stitched, it makes a simple square look so much more effective, this one measures 2 and 5/8" (6.6cm) square.  



On each piece I stamped the "Thank You" from the Daisy Delight Photopolymer Stamp Set over two lines in the corresponding 2017-2019 In Color Classic Stampin' Pads.  To do this, I just inked up and stamped one of the two words at a time by holding the stamp halfway over the ink pad, so that I could split the sentiment!  Then, from the same stamp set, I added the "...for your kindness." sentiment underneath.  (The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig came in very handy for lining up the stamps on each card so they were the same).  This was then stuck to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.  



I decided to add a co-ordinating 2017-2019 In Color Bitty Bows to finish each card, these are self adhesive which makes them so easy to attach! 


And there you have it, a finished set of 5 beautiful cards, using up scraps so absolutley NO wastage from my gift bags and cards! 



Of course, you could add any sentiment to the square and you could mix up the DSP and have different colours to the background cardstock!   Oh the ideas I come up with when I have already finished the cards!  ah well....maybe I'll just have to make some more...or you could have a go yourself - just get in touch for supplies and/or class workshop dates! 

Jenfie

x

Products Used for the above images:

Stamp sets, Punches, Bundles
Card/Papers
Inks
Tools/Embelishments
Adhesives

No comments:

Post a Comment