Saturday 3 September 2016

Beer & Cakes - Time to Celebrate

Hello :)

Today I'm off to celebrate my Niece's 1st birthday! The last year has just FLOWN by! Before I go, as the name of the blog suggests, I have some Beer and Cake cards to share with you :) 

I love the bottle shaped cards from Craftwork Cards, I saw them featured on Create & Craft TV AGES ago but never got around to buying any until the recent sale! I can't believe I didn't buy them sooner! I've combined them with their Take it easy collection, and the bottle tops worked much better than I expected - had to take a close up to show you the 3D-ness! 





If you look closely you'll just be able to see that the for tops of the outside bottles I've used glossy accents to make it shine and stand out so that it looks like an opened bottle, whereas the middle one, I've layered up some candi then covered in glossy accents to make it look like the top is still on!

Take it easy - candi
Concertina bottle cards - kraft (also available in white at time of writing)

Beer done, now for cake - cupcakes to be precise.  I cut these cards out using a cupcake shaped template with the fold at the top so that they can stand up on their own.  They are decorated with patterned paper for the bun cases, and candi for the sprinkles on top! I've used sentiments from both Craftwork Cards and LOTV for these cards.  Look out for the glitter on the last one ;)







(I used Very Merry Silver, Notting Hill, Westminster, and Covent Garden Candi but you can use any!)

I hope you love these cards as much as I do!

Right time to go, see you again soon!

Jenfie x


No comments:

Post a Comment