Friday 14 April 2017

Gift Card Challenge

It's Good Friday, so what better day (evening) to share a blog update with all you lovely people! 

As promised, I'm back with my gift cards!  I was so happy to be asked to make some for a colleague's other half.  All I can say is I hope they were as happy with them as I was making them!

The brief I was given was to make three gift cards to hold tickets, for a male turning 30.  All I knew was that they have dogs, and he likes football!  So, I decided to do three different designs, one specifically for a 30th birthday, one for football, and one for their love of dogs! Take a look at what I came up with:


Keeping it simple for the first one, a diagonally placed sheet of stars from the Dovecraft Back to Basics monochrome paper pack, finished off with large glitterations numbers for the big 30, and the LOTV long block sentiment "Happy Birthday".  I love the monochrome look, suitable for any one's special day, male or female...I just hope lads appreciate a tiny bit of sparkle every now and then ;)

For the football card, I chose the LOTV 'Little Folk - The Beautiful Game' mini stamp image, coloured using promarkers.  I went for a red kit, as, well to be honest, I'm rubbish at knowing who plays in what colour and probably had red card to hand.  Though I'm sure I did some research into the preferred team and chose accordingly...I just don't remember which team it was now! 


Finally we get to the gorgeous dogs, I love the "lets have some fun" sentiment that came with the LOTV 'Little Critters - Jack Russell' set and I thought, as they are gift cards, the contents should hopefully involve having a fun time!  Finished off by combining with an off cut of sandy coloured card to mount the image, and a patterned back ground card in sepia and white with all things dogs love! 



So now we've made it to the inside of the cards! Not knowing what kind of tickets/gift cards they were to hold, I decided to go for two punched tabs at the bottom to hold the tickets in place.  I used my 'We R Memory Keepers' Envelope Notcher Punch to create the tabs and tested using an old gig ticket and a credit card.  I tried to punch the tabs so that they could hold either type of ticket/gift card. 


A little longer than anticipated post for you today, well done and thank you if you made it to the end! 

I have some pretty exciting plans on the horizon that I hope to share with you very soon once I've got my head around it all.  However, in the meantime, I have a couple of sympathy cards, and some more pics to transfer from camera to computer to share on the up coming posts, so come back soon for those! 

Wishing you all a HAPPY EASTER, enjoy the long weekend...and the chocolate! 

Jenfie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment