Saturday 1 April 2017

"When words escape, flowers speak"

So, a few days may have turned into nearly a month...Sorry about that! 

To kick off the first of the few birthday cards posts are two cards I made for my parents' birthdays in February.  

First up was my mum's birthday and, as her favourite flower is the beautiful daffodil, what better stamp to use than the LOTV Spring Bunny with Daffs, coloured using Letraset promarkers. To finish the card and add a little dimension, I added a row of dots down the fold side of the card using liquid pearls (daffodil yellow, of course), and a strip of white lace ribbon to the right.


Next up, the card I made for my dad, a keen gardener!  The image on this card is from the LOTV art pads, unfortunately I don't think these are still available, and the sentiment "with Lots of Love" is from their set 93 Someone Special, stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia.  The image is mounted on red card, and paper from the Dovecraft Curiosity Corner 6" x 6" designer paper pack.


So, that's all for today, I'll get working on the next post as soon as possible so please continue to check back :)

Jenfie x

p.s. For those interested, today's blog post title is a quote by Bruce W. Currie, found on google when searching for flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment