Monday 17 April 2017

Think of me, think of me fondly...

Hello and Welcome back! 

Today's cards are both 'Thinking of You' cards.  Sometimes they are sent as sympathy cards, other times they are just simply to let someone know they are in your thoughts.  Whatever the reason for sending, I hope the recipients know that, not only did the sender have them in their thoughts, but they were also in mine as I put my love into making them. 



The first card of the day is made out of left overs from an old Craftwork Cards Black Magic goody box from way back in 2013 that I didn't realise I still had on my shelf!  Layered over a black backing card, I cut around the flowers on the patterned paper from the kit and added a silver 'Thinking of You' scalloped circle sentiment.  I added Platinum Pearl liquid pearl drops to the circles and hearts on the flower petals, and some Stickles glitter - which could be Star Dust, Crystal, Icicle, or Diamond...I really should make notes or share much sooner as my memory lately is terrible!!  I did, however, remember to take a close up shot so you can see the glitter and pearls (yay!):


My next card, uses the LOTV 'Little Critters - Happy Cat' mini stamp and sentiment.  As a cat person, I absolutely LOVE this image!  I backed the image with some papers from the (discontinued) Always and Forever paper pad.  Final touches were a black and pink flower, along with a gem centre for each, all picked up from the latest Craftwork Cards workshop I attended.


So there you have it.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and bank holiday weekend.  I have to say I was very proud of myself, having given up chocolate for lent this year, I have so far managed not to over indulge (too much) over the Easter weekend!  Don't get me wrong I have been VERY tempted, but that's what all the hard work resisting temptation for the past nearly 7 weeks has all been about.  I did treat myself to a Freddo, or two, that my mum bought for me, though the egg is being saved for later...never too old for Easter chocolate from mum!

I am in the process of trying to get organised, so there should be some more blog updates coming your way soon! 

Thanks for stopping by, take care 

Jenfie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment