Thursday 22 June 2017

Coloured Cob Celebrations

Hellooo,

I have a quick card update for you today.  This one was made a while ago now, but I wanted to be sure the recipient had received before sharing.  I was asked by a colleague to make a card for her friend's birthday.  She asked if it could have a coloured cob (a type of horse, not bread!) featured on it if possible, as she owned her own!  This was how the finished card turned out:


I used the pony from the Lili of the Valley Farmyard friends stamp set from my existing, pre Stampin' Up!, stash.  I stamped this image in black ink on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and coloured black patches using promarkers to give the coloured markings.  For the halter, I dipped the end of a Blender Pen into Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink and could then add the fine colour detail easily to the image.



I backed the image on to Basic Black cardstock, and mounted this on a piece of horseshoe embossed card (also backed with black card).  I decided to add dots for the nail holes in the horseshoes to give a little more detail to the design.

For the greeting I used "Happy Birthday" from the Sweet Cupcake photopolymer stamp set and "To a Very Special Friend" from a Lili of the Valley sentiment set.



That's all for today but come back again soon as I have couple of cute little gift bags to share with you next time, which will also be the basis of my first workshop - I can't wait to let you know how it goes!  If you're interested in hosting your own workshop, placing an order, or anything to do with Stampin' Up! please do get in touch - I would love to share with you!

Hope you all have a fab weekend - but remember don't blink or you'll miss it! ;)

Jenfie
x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you are speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please additionally talk over with my website =).
    We could have a link change arrangement among us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and for visiting my blog.

      Delete