Wednesday 14 June 2017

Melting The Old With The New

Hi All

I'm back from my weekend away, and my wrecked feet have just about recovered.   I should really have shared this post with you last week before I went away but it was a little hectic - I'm so unorganised!

Or distracted, I guess...I have spent a lot of time in the past fortnight flicking through the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, trying to decide which new products I need to get first!  I  literally put everything in my basket and then had to take it all out again when I realised it was pretty much the entire catalogue!  I finally placed my order and it arrived yesterday!  I have forced myself to put it to one side for now and get my blog updates done, otherwise you'll be waiting forever!  

Whilst waiting for my order to arrive, I thought I'd make a co-ordinating collection using some of the goodies I already have and created this wonderful set of 5 note cards:

These are all 4" square white card bases. I used the now retired 2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper stack papers, cutting a 2cm strip of each of the different designs in each colour.  As they are double sided, one strip provided two design strips for each card.  I then took my new Daisy Delight photo-polymer stamp set and co-ordinating Daisy Punch, to create the daisies. I stamped two daisies for each colour, tone on tone using the 2016-2018 In Color Ink and Cardstock and used the punch to quickly cut them out.  Using a Glue Dot to fix the two together and then another to fix them to the cards.  






Finally, I tried my hand at transferring a stamped image onto a candle.  Those of you who follow me on Facebook will have seen this candle already...but for those of you who don't or haven't - you can see it here and then find me on Facebook later ;) 



To do this I stamped the daisies in Dapper Denim randomly on a sheet of white tissue paper that was big enough to wrap around the candle. When happy with the design, this was wrapped around the candle and covered with a piece of greaseproof baking paper. Using my Heat Tool I gently warmed the whole candle through the baking paper, this makes the tissue paper melt into the candle wax!






Such a quick and fairly easy thing to do to create your own candle designs - they would make wonderful gifts and can be personalised too!

Well, that's all for today, I will be back again soon with more recent creations and new ones when I have chance to crack open my new order!!

Thanks for visiting,

Jenfie

x

No comments:

Post a Comment