Sunday 18 June 2017

Fathers Day - Nailed It with Timeless Textures!

Wow it's a wonderfully warm weekend, perfect for wishing all the fathers out there a very Happy Father's Day!

This year, I decided that the obligatory bottle of wine should have a bit more thought and effort put into it.  So I had a look to see if I could make my own packaging.  I didn't want to just make another bottle gift bag, although this was an option should I not be able to find anything else.   By watching many videos on YouTube I stumbled across two fellow demonstrators' tutorials.  So I decided to try them both!  

 Here is my Bottle Box and Card I made for my dad:


This was made using the recently retired Nailed It stamp set - I absolutely LOVE this set and cannot believe they retired it :( I can see it being used for a fair few cards by me in the future, until I buy another current set suitable for the men in our lives that is!  

I decided to stamp straight onto the card base for this one, randomly stamping the various tools and nuts, bolts, nails, and screws.  I added the Happy Father's Day hexagon at the top, and in a gap on the right added the sentiment "Thanks for always building me up".


For the Bottle Box, I paired the Nailed It stamp set with the Timeless Textures Clear stamp set, all randomly stamped on a sheet of Whisper White A4 Cardstock using Cherry Cobbler ink.  The box itself and tag were from one sheet of Cherry Cobbler 12"x12" cardstock from the Regals Best Collection, with the Happy Father's Day sentiment being cut from the leftover Whisper White sheet.  As I am yet to buy co-ordinating ribbon (the only one I have so far is Daffodil Delight!) I decided to use paper string to tie up the tabs on the box.  I actually think this works really well. 


The above box was made following the tutorial by Crafty Caroline Wine Bottle Gift Box Tutorial.  The only difference being I used my Gift Bag Punch Board to trim the tabs at the top of the bottle box rather than cutting triangles and I used the off cut as a tag around the neck of the bottle.  This led me onto looking for another tutorial featuring the Gift Bag Punch Board and I found this tutorial by Linda Parker Wine Bottle Box.  Which I have used for the below.

Next up, is the bottle box and card I made for my boyfriend's step dad.  I decided to solely use current products for this (except for the Happy Father's Day stamp from the Nailed It set)  so used the Timeless Textures Clear stamp set.  I stamped various images randomly and overlapping onto a sheet of Whisper White A4 Cardstock using Cherry Cobbler ink and the new 2017-2019 In Color Fresh Fig.  These two colours work so well together!!


Once I'd made the bottle box, I used the left over stamped sheet to create the strips for the card.  Unfortunately this did mean the middle strip is narrower than the others but as I added the sentiment to this one I thought it looked pretty good as it was.  I decided to mount the "Happy Father's Day" hexagon on this card, so cut out the next size up in Fresh Fig card stock.  I stuck the sentiment to the mount using Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue (which is the adhesive used for the bottle box too - it's amazingly strong it seems!) and then stuck the whole image to the card using a couple of the regular size Stampin' Dimensionals.


Again, the tag for the bottle was using the spare strip of card from the 12x12 sheet used for the box.  This box is slightly narrower than the first as the measurements for the tutorials were slightly different so this one had a more snug finish to it when the bottle of wine was put in.  


I am going to play around with the two techniques to work out the measurements and finish that work best for me.  If you're interested in having a go with me please do get in touch, I'd be happy to host a workshop for you and your friends!  Don't forget, as a host/hostess, you have the chance to earn extra stamping rewards based on the total workshop orders placed - give me a call or send me a message to find out more!

Right, time to go enjoy the sun and give my box of wine and card to my dad!

Have a lovely day everyone! 

Jenfie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment