Friday 16 June 2017

Pony Party

Check me out, It's Friday and I have another blog update for you!! 

I'm so excited to share this creation with you! 

As I have re-ignited my love for horse riding over the past year, I wanted to share the experience with my friend's daughters (my honory nieces) for their birthdays this year.  As they live 200 miles away it wasn't something I could just take them out to do, so I decided to make them a voucher each to use when they next come up north to visit! 



To create these, I cut two 4" squares from white card.  For the fronts of the vouchers, I used the pony stamp from Lili of the Valley and backed this onto a piece of black card, embossed using a horseshoe embossing folder (note: this stamp and embossing folder are unfortunately not Stampin' Up! products, they are from my existing collection of craft supplies)

I decided to add a touch of colour to each pony to personalise them for each of the girls, so I chose Daffodil Delight yellow and Sweet Sugarplum purple for the halters.  I used the Stampin' Up! Blender Pens (which come in a pack of 3 and are dual tipped so it's like getting 6 for the price of 3!) to colour these in.  They are so easy to use, I just dipped the tip into my ink pad to soak up a touch of colour and away you go, great for fine detail colouring - flexibility of watercolours with the convenience of markers!





On the reverse of each card, I stamped "horse riding lesson" using the Brushwork Alphabet photopolymer stamp set in the corresponding colour to the halter on the other side (OK, so I actually stamped the letters before I fixed the pony image to the other side as otherwise it wouldn't have been a flat surface to stamp on...I'm sure you probably figured that out anyway!) 




Finally, I added a large number 1, cut out using the Big Shot Large Numbers Framelits, in Peekaboo Peach (as I unfortunately didn't have any Daffodil Delight Yellow cardstock to hand, but of course the wonderful Stampin' Up! products co-ordinate so well) and Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.





I can't wait to see the girls and take them for their horse riding experience soon! 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

Jenfie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment